Who Should attend?
Persons responsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations. Delegates must have experience and understanding of scaffolding.
Course Content & Aims
Develop in trainees an understanding of scaffold components and terminology, forms of construction and inspection procedures of common basic scaffolds and to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
The Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) course will train you to carry out statutory inspections of basic structures. It covers:
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Tubes, boards and fittings
- Gin wheels and ropes
- Scaffold ties
- Construction regulations and recommendations of basic scaffolds to include:
• independent tied scaffold
• putlog scaffold
• birdcage scaffold
• static tower
• basic independent tied scaffold
• scaffolds with prefabricated beams
• protective fans, pavement gantry
• loading bay, roof saddle scaffold
• splay scaffold roof edge protection
8. Practical inspection
Assessment & Qualification/Other Info
- CISRS Scaffold Inspection Training scheme certificate
- If you meet the health and safety scheme criteria, you can also apply for the SITS Inspection Card.
The SITS is intended for site supervisors and managers who have experience and understanding of scaffolding. Your role will involve inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and completing reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
• You must either: be able to provide evidence of passing a CITB-ConstructionSkills Health, Safety and Environment test (previously the Health & Safety Test) within the last two years; or you must hold at least one of the following:
Offshore Survival Certificate/Card
FAS Safe Pass
*Taken within two years of application
• The SITS trainer will ask for evidence of your attendance at one of these courses. Failure to provide this will result in you being refused entry to the course. No refunds will be issued as a result of non-compliance.
Note: All of the above must be valid and taken within two years of the CISRS scaffold inspection course.