Who Should attend?
Persons responsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations. It would be expected that delegates have some awareness and experience of scaffolding structures which would have come from their time in their individual industry sector.
Content & Aims
Develop in trainees an understanding of scaffold components and terminology, forms of construction and inspection procedures of common basic scaffolds and to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Work at Height Regulations
- Scaffold terminology used within the industry
- Scaffold components: tube and fitting and common system
- Foundations, means of access and securing ladders
- Gin wheels
- TG20. Manufacturers Instruction Manual (MIM). Scaffold ties
- Practical inspections
- Theory revision
Assessment and Qualification
Successful delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.