Who Should attend?
Site supervisors or those with supervisory responsibilities who currently hold an existing 2 day SSSTS within the scope of renewal requirements would benefit from the SSSTS Refresher course.
Course Content & Aims
Aims and Objectives:
The SSSTS Refresher course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
• Why they are carrying out their identified duties
• What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the work place.
On successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher course, delegates will:
• Understand the problems of the industry
• Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
• Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
• Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
• Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• Be able to monitor site activities effectively
• Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Assessment & Qualification
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the SSSTS Refresher course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
This certificate is valid for 5 years at which time a one day refresher course must be taken to renew the qualification prior to expiry.