Who Should attend?
The course has been developed and designed so as to give instruction on the hazards and dangers involved with asbestos and are intended for all persons working in areas where asbestos materials may be located.
Course Content & Aims
This course should provide operatives and employers with a general understanding of asbestos containing materials. Also delegates will have an understanding of the correct reporting and management systems to be in place when working in areas where asbestos may be present.
- H&S Legislation
- Asbestos – its uses and locations eg where it may be found
- Asbestos products
- Types of asbestos
- Nature of asbestos and its biological effects
- Risk to health from asbestos
- Emergency procedures
- Identification of asbestos products and reporting procedures
- Use of PPE, training and instruction requirements.
Assessment & Qualification
UKATA accredited certification on successful completion.