Course Duration: 1 day
All operatives responsible for locating and recording of services
• Identify different types of underground services.
• Use pipe and cable locators. (CAT & Genny 4+)
• Safely operate a basic Cable Avoidance Tool and Genny.
• Demonstrate an awareness of methods concerning the detection of underground services.
• Select and understand cable plans.
• Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation
• Relevant regulations/legislation
• Review of HSG 47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
• Identifying underground apparatus and supporting utilities
• Map reading and identification of legends
• Practical map scale of apparatus
• DVD (Dead or Alive)
• Trial holes
• Introduction to CAT and Genny
• DVD (CAT and Genny Training)
• Locating cable run
• Situations relevant to and injuries from, hitting different utilities