Who Should attend?
All personnel who are directly involved in the planning, supervision and execution of work in confined spaces such as manholes, shafts, chambers, sewers, tanks etc.
Course Content & Aims
• Identify any hazards and associated risks involved when entering confined spaces.
• Understand the current legislation and codes of practice for confined space entry.
• Implement control measures such as ventilation, gas detection and monitoring to eliminate and reduce potential risks.
• Select inspect, use and store personal protective equipment and site safety equipment.
• Understand and work to entry permits and safe working procedures.
• Work with escape breathing apparatus.
• Implement the appropriate accident and emergency procedures.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations/exercises covering:
• Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• Confined Spaces Regulations
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
• Other current relevant regulations.
• Confined space hazards and associated risks
• Safe working procedures and entry permits
• Gas detection
• Use of escape breathing apparatus
• Access equipment, winches and lifelines
• Hygiene procedures
• Accident and emergency procedures
• Practical exercises
Assessment & Qualification
Continual assessment of knowledge and understanding throughout the course. Certificate of attendance will be issued on successful completion which will be valid for 3 years.