Who Should attend?
Employees who have been identified to act as the first aider in low risk work place environments.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
- Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
Administer first aid to a casualty who is/requires:
- Unconscious (including seizure)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from shock
- Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters, minor burns and scalds.
In addition, discussion of specific work related injuries/illness to include topics such as:
- Anaphylactic shock
- Heart attack including angina
Assessment & Qualification
Learners are continually assessed throughout the course to ensure learning outcomes have been achieved. Successful learners will receive an HSE approved certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Learners are required to attend a requalification course after the 3 year period to keep the qualification valid. It is strongly recommended that learners update their skills by attending a 3 hour annual refresher course.BOOK COURSE