Who Should attend?
The 3.5-hour session offers a one stop solution to all aspects of managing fire safety in the workplace and helps to meet your legal obligations. The Fire Warden course is for those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety at their workplace, or anyone who needs to know how to use fire extinguishers safely.
Content & Aims
Staff attending this session will:
• Gain an understanding of corporate and individual responsibilities in relation to current legislation
• Learn how to competently complete a Fire Risk Assessment
• Be able to formulate a robust Fire Action Plan including risk prioritisation and suitable review periods
• Develop an understanding of fire behaviour and how to mitigate the risks to your business and staff
• Gain insight into common human behaviour and reactions which occur during a fire situation and the challenges this can create
• Be able to reduce the risk of fire in your workplace by developing an understanding of how fires start and spread
• Understand how to contact Emergency Services and what information they require
• Become familiar with the purpose and use of different types of fire extinguisher and how to safely use a fire blanket
Training session can be arranged with a practical demonstration of fire extinguishers (water, foam and co2). This is included in an open course.
Assessment and Qualification
Delegates who complete the training will receive a certificate of attendance.
Submit your review