Who Should attend?
Introduction to general occupational health safety and welfare for operatives and semi-skilled workers. This course is also a requirement for the application/renewal of the Green CSCS card and is part of the CITB Site Safety Plus suite of courses.
Course Content & Aims
• General responsibilities
• Accident prevention and control
• Health and welfare
• Manual handling
• Working at heights
• Personal protective equipment
• Emergency procedures and first aid
• Safe use of hazardous substances
• Electrical safety
• Hand held equipment and tools
• Fire prevention and control
• Safety sign and signals
• Site transport safety
• Noise and vibration
• Excavation and confined spaces
Assessment & Qualification
Continual assessment throughout the course. Delegates will be issued a certificate of attendance accredited by CITB. A CSCS touch screen H&S test must be taken separately to obtain the CSCS Green card.