Who Should attend?
Those employees involved in lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling of materials or equipment.
Course Content & Aims
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Be familiar with relevant legislation
- Understand their responsibilities under legislation
- Carry out checks prior to moving an object
- Demonstrate correct manual handling techniques
- Problem causing factors
- Acute and chronic injuries
- Checks for safe lifting.
Assessment & Qualification
This is a full participation course and involves practical and theory assessment. On successful completion a certificate will be issued by the training provider.
Delegates should not participate if they have any injury which would be aggravated by bending or lifting.