The Flexible Training Opportunities training grant programme delivered by Skills Development Scotland has now re-opened to applications. Please see below for a brief summary of the changes to this year’s programme and a link to the full guidance notes. Note that applications can now be made online.
Changes to Rules for 2015/16:
• The maximum level of payment to a company has decreased from £5000 to £3000
• The maximum amount payable for one opportunity has increased from £500 to £1000. This will allow employers more flexibility in the training they apply for and encourage the implementation of high value, high impact training.
• The company can now apply for any number of opportunities. The previous maximum was 10. This will make the incentive more flexible.
• There was previously no minimum cost threshold for a FTO. Now, the training must cost a minimum of £200 for a FTO application to be made. (ie FTO support is for a minimum of £100)
• Backdated applications will not be permitted – usually we allow applications to be backdated until the start of the financial year but this won’t happen this year.
• We will enforce the “4 week claim” rule. This has always been in existence but has not been enforced. It requires employers to submit a claim within 20 working days of an episode of training finishing. If they don’t, their claim will be rejected, even if the application was initially approved.
Click on http://www.ourskillsforce.co.uk/media/724248/fto_rules_and_guidance_24_june_2015_to_31_march_2016.pdf for more details.
The application process has now moved to online. A direct link employers can use to create an account to enable them to apply can be found at http://www.ourskillsforce.co.uk/my-account.
For more information see the Our Skills Force website www.ourskillsforce.co.uk or call 0800 783 6000.