Who Should attend?
This 1 day course will provide candidates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites. It is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain are required to prove to major contractors and covers the environmental aspects of the new HS&E touch screen test.
Course Content & Aims
At the end of the course delegates should:
- Understand the environmental impacts and issues associated with construction activities
- Understand why sustainability issues are important in the context of construction
- Understand their duties with regard to waste management and statutory nuisance
- Understand the requirements on water use, contaminated land and pollution prevention
- Understand the issues of archaeology and heritage in construction
- Understand the systems available to help in environmental management
- What is the environment and why is it important
- Outline of Environmental Management Systems
- Waste Management
- Pollution prevention and water management
- Good neighbour – statutory nuisance, communication
- Archaeology and heritage
- Energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor
Assessment & Qualification
The course is accredited by Site Safety Plus and on completion of the course a CITB certificate will be issued.
Candidates must take along with them the environmental section of the CITB publication GE700. These can be purchased from CITB Publications: www.cskills.org/supportbusiness/publication/index.aspx?productid=3790
Submit your review