Who Should attend?
Those who currently hold a 5 day SMSTS certificate which is due for renewal.
Course Content & Aims
This two-day course aims to refresh your understanding of your key responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health, welfare and the environment, to enable you to provide healthy and safe working conditions for everyone on site.
- The current focus of the HSE’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Work at Height Regs 2005
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002, Vibration at Work Regs 2005 and Noise at Work Regs 2005
- Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order 2005
- Construction waste and site waste management plans
Assessment & Qualification
Continuous assessment via individual and group exercises, plus a multiple-choice test. On successful completion of the course a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate will be issued.
You must currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years.
This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending this SMSTS Refresher course.