Who Should attend?
This SSSTS course is aimed at first line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders, supervisors and those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
Course Content & Aims
It provides an introduction to health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and legal responsibilities relevant to their work. The course content includes the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, CDM 2007 and relevant regulations as well as specific site issues which include working at height and giving tool box talks.
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Assessment & Qualification
This is a combination of classroom based theory and tutorials and successful candidates will receive a CITB approved certificate.
This certificate is valid for 5 years at which time a one day refresher course must be taken to renew the qualification.