Who Should attend?
Project managers, site managers and supervisors who have previously passed the full SMSTS course or subsequent SMSTS refresher course and can provide proof of attendance.
Course Content & Aims
Aims and objectives:
The SMSTS Refresher course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
• Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
• Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
On successful completion of the SMSTS Refresher course, delegates will be:
• Aware of and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
• Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
• More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Assessment & Qualification
Continuous assessment via individual and group exercises, plus a multiple-choice test. On successful completion of the course a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate will be issued.
You must currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years.
This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending this SMSTS Refresher course prior to expiry.