Who Should attend?
Site supervisors or those with supervisory responsibilities would benefit from the SSSTS course
Course Content & Aims
Aims and Objectives:
The SSSTS course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
• Why they are carrying out their identified duties
• What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the work place.
On successful completion of the SSSTS course, delegates will:
• Understand the problems of the industry
• Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
• Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
• Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
• Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• Be able to monitor site activities effectively
• Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Assessment & Qualification
Classroom based theory and tutorials. The examination paper is compulsory and consists of 25 multiple-choice questions covering all aspects of the SSSTS course, written and selected by CSkills Awards. It forms the basis of assessment as to whether or not a delegate has successfully achieved a satisfactory level of understanding to be awarded the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate. The examination lasts for 30 minutes and must be completed within this time. Delegates are permitted to use the GE706 Site Safety Simplified publication for the last ten minutes of the examination period. The examination pass mark is 72%.
Delegates must bring photographic ID and proof of date of birth and NI number