Who Should attend?
This seminar is suitable for both operational and commercial staff collectively or individually. It will provide a step by step guide to issues common to most contracts that require to be carefully considered when reviewing and tendering / agreeing to Contract terms and conditions.
It will also consider the issues surrounding the situation in which the terms of a contract are being negotiated and each party wants to contract on the basis of its own terms known as the “Battle of the Forms”.
Contract terms, amendments and associated documents will be reviewed in addition to a review of standard internal reporting and recording procedures which require to be undertaken to safeguard an organisation in the event of a claim or dispute.
Course Content & Aims
To provide delegates with a clear understanding of how setting up of the Contract, correctly, the completion of the Contract documentation and having procedures in place to manage the Contract can promote efficiency of completion and payment and help avoid conflict and disputes.
• Understanding the Contract (What is a Contract? & Standard Forms of Contract);
• Overview of Contract Terms, requirements and amendments;
• Sub-Contract Particulars;
• Estimating to Commercial Team transfer;
• Contract Programme;
• Internal Procedures (Reporting and Recording of Project Issues);
• Notices; and
• Completion – practical, substantial or otherwise – what happens next?
Assessment & Qualification
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.