Who Should attend?
The course will provide you with thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works. This course complements the Temporary Works Co-ordinator Training Course (TWCTC) and is designed to provide training for those undertaking the role of Temporary Works Supervisor as defined in BS5975:2019+A1:2011.
The course is supported by the Temporary Work Forum, CECA, UKCG, HSE and FMB.
Course Content & Aims
The course gives emphasis throughout to:
- The importance of communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency (the ‘4Cs’)
- Risk management: safety and also business related.
Allowing the Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) to:
- Understand the need for and duties of a TWS
- Understand the role of others
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of BS5975 in respect of this role.
The course has been developed in conjunction with the Temporary Works Forum, CECA, UKCG and other industry representatives, along with Site Safety Plus providers who currently offer TW courses. HSE are also supporting this development. Having industry input and support means the course is fit for purpose and offers transferability.
Please note you are required to be a UK resident to attend all CITB courses.
Course Duration: 1 Day